Thursday, July 16, 2009

So Acute Was My Loneliness: Poem



So Acute Was My Loneliness

Cobbled stones, not dust.

So acute was my loneliness that dream I must.
Escapism was a flight from dreary realism.
.
If roam I must, if chains I must break
Alone, in this pebble-strewn destiny
My happiness I must fake.
.
So acute was my loneliness that home was far
Too far; too far and distant my loved ones and my thoughts
That in that black cosmic wilderness even the North Star
Seemed close enough to touch. That even my words
Seemed transparent and tinted with Orientalism
.
So distant and cold, so empty my worlds.
So acute was my loneliness even the poems would not come
The words fled, the streets wet, a spectre I had become
My memories tinged with the bitter things I had done
.
All alone. When dawns touched my lids after fitful sleep
I had resolved never, never to weep
However deep the pain. However acute the pain
The sun would shine tomorrow and I would become myself again.
.
Copyright: Rani Turton

1 comment :

  1. Wе're a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You've
    dоne a fοrmіdable process and ouг entire neighbοrhood will be gгateful to you.


    Alѕo visit my blog: make money buying and selling on craigslist

    ReplyDelete