Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Darkness, My Beloved: Poem


Darkness, My Beloved


Watching the night approach with silent tread
Waiting to clasp his hand.
Waiting for that compassion
That pretends not to notice faults
Of stammering, stumbling, lisping or halts.

Darkness softens, hides, transmutes
Bases qualities into gold
Moonbeams dance on rooftops; it may be
Soon I those rays of light could hold.
But words enter unbidden into my mind

.
Like in a tranced love, this liason with you
This dark and unseemly pact I have,
When I can leave all my errors behind.


Did you know that you, the dark,
This warm enveloping darkness, my beloved
Is what I wait for everyday?
Soft lamps, verse, the murmurs and
Rituals that only the sombre can understand;
Now draw the curtain, and hasten:
Come, my beloved, hold my hand.

Copyright (Image and text): Rani Turton

1 comment :

  1. Currentlу it soundѕ liκe Drupal
    is the top bloggіng ρlаtfοгm avaіlable right noω.

    (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Take a look at my homepage ... disque dur SSD

    ReplyDelete