Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Who Have Walked So Long In The Shadows


I Who Have Walked So Long In The Shadows

I who have walked so long in the shadows
That the sun dazzled my eyes; dazzled my eyes
Until tears blinded them. Would it be better
To adapt to sunlight or to step back to in the shadows?
The shadows, from where a shadow I had almost become?

A shadow I had almost become, just a remnant.
A semblant. The soul looks for comfort where it can.
The mind tries to function and analyse
But the body, tired, tried and tried.

I who have walked so long in the shadows
Did not handle with skill life's questions.
There were moments when I was almost serene:
Just to live now, to be and to have been.


Copyright(text and image): Rani Turton

1 comment :

  1. Hey I κnow this is off topіc but I was wondering if уοu κnew
    of аny wiԁgetѕ I could add tο my blog that
    automatiсally tweet my neωest twittеr updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
    My blog post ... Krzysztof Balicki

    ReplyDelete